Women’s Health Exam
Your annual well-woman visit (also called a GYN exam, women’s health exam) is a check up that focuses on the female reproductive system and your sexual health.
Well-woman visits don’t replace routine health checkups.
Your visit will include:
- Medical history
- Family health history
- Relationships and sexual partners
- Use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs
- Measurement of your blood pressure, height, weight
- Breast health teaching
- Pelvic exam
- Pap test (usually recommended every 3 years after age 21)
- Discussion of health topics relevant to your age and risk factors
- STD testing if requested or indicated
- Discussion about birth control options if desired
- If a mammogram screening is recommended (generally for those over 40), we will offer you a referral for further evaluation.
- Your appointment will take about 45 minutes.
We do not refer or provide abortion services or emergency birth control.
This information is intended for educational purposes only and should not be considered professional medical advice. We do not perform abortion services.
Sac Valley Pregnancy Clinic welcomes everyone needing our free services.
Insurance is NOT required for our services.
If you are in need of coverage for you or your family, Covered California can be accessed through this link.
Sacramento Life Center has earned accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), the leader in ambulatory health care accreditation. This accreditation distinguishes Sacramento Life Center nationwide as a provider of excellent, high-quality, reliable care in an environment that promotes patient safety and exceptional services.