Abortion Pill Reversal
Are you considering a medical abortion?
Have you taken the first dose of your abortion medication and regret the decision?
Read this! It may not be too late!
How the Abortion Pill / Medical Abortion Pills Work
Mifepristone is also known as “the abortion pill” and is prescribed by a medical provider within the first seven to ten weeks of pregnancy. Many people don’t really know how it works.
Mifepristone is a drug that blocks the effects of progesterone—a hormone your body needs to continue a pregnancy.
Mifepristone blocks the effects of progesterone which leads to the termination of the pregnancy.
Most abortion providers use an additional drug that is taken approximately 24-48 hours after the Mifipristone.
The second medication (Misoprostol) is given by mouth (or vaginally) 24-48 hours later to make the uterus cramp. This causes bleeding, which expels the pregnancy. Cramping can be painful and blood loss should be monitored and can be heavy.
- A woman is not eligible if she has any of the following: ectopic pregnancy, ovarian mass, IUD, corticosteroid use, adrenal failure, anemia, bleeding disorders or use of blood thinners, asthma, liver or kidney problems, heart disease, or high blood pressure.
- She may be given antibiotics to prevent infection.
- She will be given an oral dose of Mifepristone during her first office visit.
- Misoprostol tablets are taken orally or inserted vaginally about 1-2 days after taking the Mifepristone. The tablets will cause contractions and expel the remains of the pregnancy. This process may take a few hours or as long as a few days.
- The woman will need to be examined by her doctor two weeks later to ensure the abortion was complete and to check for complications.
The process CAN be reversed in some patients
Regret taking the abortion pill?
It may not be too late.
If a woman decides she doesn’t want to follow through with the abortion pill procedure, she can potentially reverse the effects, but not without seeking medical help immediately.
TALK WITH A HOTLINE NURSE NOW
877-558-0333 (available 24/7)
*Content from abortionpillreversal.com
Sacramento Life Center is a provider for Abortion Pill Reversal assistance.
Sacramento Life Center is NOT an abortion provider.
Sac Valley Women’s Health welcomes everyone needing our free services.
Insurance is NOT required for our services.
If you are in need of coverage for you or your family, Covered California can be accessed through this link.
Sacramento Life Center has earned accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), the leader in ambulatory health care accreditation. This accreditation distinguishes Sacramento Life Center nationwide as a provider of excellent, high-quality, reliable care in an environment that promotes patient safety and exceptional services.
Book an appointment today
It's easy to get the free help and services you need.
2316 Bell Executive Lane
Sacramento, CA 95825
Monday - Friday
9:00am - 4:00pm
Call 916-451-2273 or 916-451-4357 to schedule an appointment.