You Have the Right to Ask Questions
Sac Valley Women’s Health in Sacramento does not offer or refer for abortions or emergency birth control. This information is intended for educational purposes only and should not be considered professional medical advice.
Protect Your Health
An elective abortion is a procedure with risks and possible complications. When you take any medication, or schedule any procedure or surgery, it is essential to make sure you are getting the best care possible. It is important to carefully research the clinic and the doctor to make sure your needs will be met.
Important Questions to Ask
- Will the center perform an ultrasound before the procedure and what is the cost?
- Who will perform the ultrasound and what are their credentials?
- Will the physician verify that I have an intrauterine, viable pregnancy? (Is there a heartbeat and did the fetus implant in the uterus?)
- Will the ultrasound verify the gestational age of the fetus and whether I am carrying twins?
- Can I view the ultrasound if I choose?
- Will an ultrasound be performed after the procedure to verify all the pregnancy contents were removed?
- Will I be tested for STDs before the procedure?
- How will an active STD affect my recovery?
- Will the procedure hurt?
- What type of pain medication or anesthesia will I be given during and after the procedure? What are the costs?
- What is done with the products of conception/fetal remains after a procedure?
- Will the clinic treat me for complications? Is the treatment included in the cost of the abortion?
- If I need hospitalization for complications, at which hospital does the physician have admitting privileges?
- Will a blood test be performed to determine if my blood is Rh-negative? If I need a RhoGam injection, what is the cost?
- Can I receive a refund if I change my mind?
Facing an unplanned pregnancy is a time filled with much fear and uncertainty. Give yourself time to thoroughly investigate all of your options. It is important to make an informed decision.
Sac Valley Women’s Health in Sacramento does not offer or refer for abortions or emergency birth control.
This information is intended for educational purposes only and should not be considered professional medical advice. We do not perform abortion services.
Sac Valley Women’s Health welcomes everyone needing our free services.
Insurance is NOT required for our services.
If you are in need of coverage for you or your family, Covered California can be accessed through this link.
Sacramento Life Center has earned accreditation by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), the leader in ambulatory health care accreditation. This accreditation distinguishes Sacramento Life Center nationwide as a provider of excellent, high-quality, reliable care in an environment that promotes patient safety and exceptional services.